Friday, March 26, 2010

Family Search and a Yummy Recipe

Susan Holder found this on the Family Search website. It's online classes to help you learn how to research your family. It looks like an easy way to get started! Family Search Education

Now to the yummy recipe! I made this for Becky Bowman's baby shower last night and Jen Houston asked me to post it to the blog. You can also find it on the packaging for Hormel's Real Crumbled Bacon.

BLT Dip

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 (4.3 oz) package of Hormel Premium Real Crumbled Bacon
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 cup shredded lettuce
Assorted crackers, for dipping

In bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, bacon, and diced tomatoes. Place in large pie plate or on platter. Chill until serving time. Before serving, place shredded lettuce around the edges. Sprinkle with additional bacon or tomatoes, if desired. Serve with assorted crackers for dipping.

Ok...that's what the package says but this is what I do to mine. I put mine in a bowl, not a messy pie plate. Also, I mix the shredded lettuce up in the dip instead of placing it around the edges. And I just use whatever looks right with the lettuce instead of making sure it's a cup. I really love using the flavored crackers with this (like Ritz's vegetable crackers). I also don't substitute Miracle Whip for the mayo and I don't substitute the fake bacon bits either. If you use the real bacon bits instead of cooking your own and crumbling them up yourself, it will be less fattening.

If you are someone who hates mayonnaise and/or sour cream by themselves, you will still like this! I hate both of those but I eat this dip up like it's going out of style. So give it a try!!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online